Winter makes your skin dry. The good news is that making lots of easy, natural dry skin remedies, which give many expensive store-bought creams a run for their money. the treatment of dry skin in the winter requires a holistic approach.
What to consume more in this winter for skin care ?
- Foods which are rich in sulfur nourishes your skin, including eggs, garlic and onions
- fresh fruits and vegetables like carrots and cantaloupe which are rich in Vitamin A.
- dark chocolate, oranges, spinach, beetroot, avocado, broccoli, almonds, salmon, walnuts
- Drink at least 3 litres of water daily to keep your skin hydrated
Homemade treatments for dry skin in winter :
Step-1: massage with warm oil
Rub the skin with warm almond or olive oil and let it sit for five minutes.
This acts as a best moisturizer in winter
Step-2 : Exfoliate
powdered flaxseeds- 4 tbspns
milk – to make a paste
- make a thick paste to exfoliate and wash the residue with warm water.
Step-3 : face mask
yogurt - 4 tbsp
almonds powder -6 tbsp
- make a thick paste and spread on the face massaging lightly with your fingertips for a few minutes
- Let it remain for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with a moisturizing soap.
How to keep skin hydrated ???
Tip -1 : Avocado+olive oil
- Mash an avocado with 6 tbspns of olive oil.
- And slather it on your skin for 20 minutes, just before a hydrating bath.
Tip - 2 :
Add a few teaspoons of olive oil in your bath water.
Tip - 3 :
Give massage to your skin with warm oil (almond/olive oil/ coconut oil)
Tip - 5 :
Apply and massage your lips with sweet almond oil
Tip - 6 :
spray rose water in your bedroom and living room twice a day to retain moisture in the air