Someone truly said that eyes are the index of mind and heart. But if the dark circles persist under your eyes, it gives out a lot about your health, lifestyle and routine.
In fact many people have under eye dark circles and there are many reasons for which they appear. Under eye dark circles affect both men and women from stress, inadequate sleep, hormonal changes, lack of diet, pollution, allergies, a disturbed lifestyle, hereditary and many more. If not treated on time, they will dull your appearance and can also lead to serious concerns of health.
Most of the cosmetic products designed are expensive and are crammed with chemicals, which may help in getting rid of under eye dark circles to some extent. Under eye dark circle treatment is harmful to the delicate skin under your eyes.
There are many under eye dark circle creams available in the market.However, there are certain effective natural homemade remedies that can help you significantly in getting rid of these dreadful marks around your eyes and will also prevent its occurrence in the future.
Also view : Ten Homemade tips to avoid dry lips
Spoon – remedy for under eye darkness
- Spoon can fight against dark circles under eyes. It is a remedy that is based on the effects and benefits of application of cold onto the skin which yields desired results.
- For that, metal is a material that acts as a good temperature spreader, when applied to the dark circle under eyes constrict the blood vessels and boost blood circulation.
- Therefore it is an effective way to reduce the swelling and a good treatment for under eye dark circles.
- Close your eyes and place the spoon onto your eyes for about 15 minutes in both forward and backward directions for best results.
Cucumber- remedy for under eye darkness
- Cucumbers have cooling and astringent properties, which suits as the best for under eye dark circle treatment.
- They can lighten the skin color, increase blood flow and reduce puffiness.
- Cut a cucumber into three slices and chill them in the refrigerator.
- Put a cool cucumber slice over each eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Try this daily for at least a week to notice changes.
- You can also apply cucumber juice to get rid of under eye dark circles.
Cold tea Bags – remedy for under eye darkness
- Cold tea bag is another simple technique to get rid of under eye dark circles.
- Soak tea bag, preferably green tea bags in water.
- Chill the bag by placing it in the refrigerator for few minutes.
- Now place them over your eyes.
- Use this remedy on a regular basis to see significant difference.
Potatoes – remedy for under eye darkness
- Potatoes consist of natural bleaching agents that help in lightening the under eye dark circles and remove the puffiness.
- It’s cheap and natural home remedy.
- Get some raw potato and make them into slices.
- Place these slices on your eyes for few minutes and rinse with water.
- Also you can extract the juice of the same. Take a cotton ball and soak it in the potato juice.
- Close your eyes and then place these cotton balls on your eyes.
- Make sure the balls cover the entire darkened area under your eyes.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- You will experience better results with this remedy.
Mint Paste – remedy for under eye darkness
- Mint is the best remedy for discoloration of the dark circles under eyes.
- Take few mint leaves, chop and crush to make paste out of it.
- Apply the mashed leaves on dark circles under eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
- You can also mix cucumber paste with this content.
- Do this twice in a week to see better results.
Tomato juice + Lemon juice – remedy for under eye darkness
- Tomatoes are the best and an excellent solution for getting rid of dark circles under eyes.
- It naturally helps in reducing the dark circles under eyes and makes the skin soft and agile.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato +lemon juice and apply it under your eyes.
- Let it remain for about 10 minutes and then, rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy at least twice a day.
Cold Milk – remedy for under eye darkness
- Milk contains lactic acid that helps in softening and moisturizing the skin under your eyes.
- Also milk has protein, enzymes, antioxidants and amino acids that help to strengthen and heal the damaged skin.
- Milk can be used as a cold compress that treat dark circles under eyes and reduce puffiness of the eyes.
- Soak cotton balls in cold milk that has been preserved in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Place the cotton balls under your eyes and hold them upon the eyes until they become warm.
- Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times in a day for few weeks to see immediate results.
Almond Oil – remedy for under eye darkness
- Almond oil is also a wonderful remedy in lightening the pitch-black skin and remove under eye dark circles.
- Being rich in nutritious vitamins and minerals, almond oil can refill and revitalize the delicate skin and keep it moisturized.
- Take few drops of almond oil and gently massage into the delicate skin under the eyes before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight on the eyes and wash it off with cold water in the morning.
- Repeat this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear totally.
- Avoid strain, stress and depression that have been the main reasons for the reappearance of dark circles under eyes.
- In this hectic life style take proper care for your eyes and have an absolute sleep of 8hours.
- You can witness best results of the home remedies only if proper rest and care is taken to your eyes.
- Practice of Yoga and meditation on daily basis will not only decrease your dark circles but also keeps your mind relaxed and peaceful.
- Drink as much water as you can, before and after the sleep.
- Blink your eyes regularly whenever you feel stressed.