With age, teeth become yellow or stain. These inconveniences are accentuated if you have bad habits (too sweet diet, smoking, high consumption of coffee, tea, etc.) and if your question is very porous. No panic, however, to find how to whiten teeth without breaking the bank, you only need to apply these simple tips, and know the food that helps you in teeth whitening or getting rid of stains.
Below are the simple and easy ways to keep your teeth healthy and hygiene.
1. The natural charcoal powder for teeth whitening
The charcoal is a natural medicinal product through carbonization of several varieties of poplars or coconut that strips away stains and plaque to whiten teeth. To enjoy its benefits,
You can add little measure of this product directly to your toothpaste when you wash your dents.
You can also pour some charcoal powder in a cup or small bowl.
Soak a damp cotton swab in it and apply on your teeth by rubbing them one by one.
Rinse with water. Try this twice or thrice in a week and you will notice very quick teeth whitening effects of charcoal.
You are afraid to swallow charcoal? No problem, the charcoal is edible and is also an anti-diarrheal excellent.
2. Baking soda for teeth whitening
Among the many properties that baking soda has, it significantly helps in teeth whitening. All you need to do is,
Sprinkle some amount baking soda and apply on your teeth as toothpaste. You can also mix baking soda with a slice of lemon juice to make a paste.
You can use that as best whitening toothpaste. Lemon promotes shine teeth.
However, baking soda is abrasive, it is important not to resort to this trick only once a week at most, as your enamel may suffer. You will see real results of white teeth after 2 to 3 months of use.
3. Sea Salt for teeth whitening:
Due to its high iodine content, the salt has large antiseptic and anti fungal properties.
Wash your teeth by mixing coarse sea salt with warm water.
You will get a sort of sea water.
Dip just your classic toothbrush in this water and brush your teeth.
White teeth are guaranteed when tried for 2-3 times in a week.
Foods that helps to whiten teeth:
- Celery, carrots, apple, cauliflower, cucumbers and pears: These protect the teeth in two ways. They require extra chewing which produces more saliva that helps in neutralizing the acid produced by bacteria. Also, chewing naturally rasping foods massages the gums and helps in crackdown between the teeth.
- Spinach: Folic acid present in the green leafy vegetables helps to strengthen root canal and supports cell growth throughout the entire body.
- Cheeses: Cheese, which is derived from milk, is a great source of calcium, in fact the best nutrient for the maturity of bones and teeth. Eating cheese results in covering the calcium on the teeth and defends against cavities. Cheese has lots of fat, so consume in restraint.
- Strawberries. Another good source of vitamin C helps in strengthens the teeth.
- Green Tea: Contains antioxidants that kill the bacteria in your mouth that turn sugar into plaque (a sticky mass of bacteria that produces cavity-causing acid when it comes in gets in touch with sickly or staid foods).
- Water: Keeps your cavity gums hydrated and is the finest way to stimulate saliva (your body’s greatest defense against the bacteria that cause cavities). Rinse your mouth with water after you consume food which helps to wash away intent food particles that decay in the mouth and cause bad breath.
- Milk: Not only helps in benefitting your bones but also helps your teeth get stronger and healthier as it contains calcium. Calcium helps protect your teeth against periodontal (gum) disease and keeps your jaw bone physically strong and powerful. We recommend light or skim milk so you don't get the fat in regular milk.