Pigmentation is light patches or uneven dark on the skin. Darker skin pigmentation disorder also called Hyper pigmentation, Hypo pigmentation. Primarily, it is caused due to uncontrolled secretion of melanin by endocrine glands. It is a skin condition due to excessive existence of melanin that is found on skin. Melanin is produced by melanocytes and functions as miniature umbrellas to skin cells to protect the skin. If your body makes too much melanin, then pigmentation on face or other body parts is caused. In general pigmentation starts at the age of 20 – 40 years. But at present it can begin from childhood or until the middle age.
SOME OF THE CAUSES FOR PIGMENTATION ON FACE:
- Exposure to sun and sun damage is the major reason for pigmentation on face.
- During and after Pregnancy, women gets pigmented skin
- In Hormone treatments like oral contraceptive pills contains progesterone, oestrogen hormone replacements causes pigmented
- Certain medications (like cancers), deodorant soaps, cosmetics & toiletries —these may cause a reaction like phototoxic that produces melasma
- Hypothyroidism also causes pigmentation
- Exposure to UV radiation deepens the pigmentation because it activates the melanocytes that cause more melanin.
- Jaundice and cyanosis are some of the common diseases that cause skin pigmentation.
- Medications can cause skin pigmentation if they are not taken in the right way
- Now-a-days extreme emotional stress cause skin pigmentation
- A wound or cut on the skin can cause skin pigmentation after the wound has heals
Banana – 1
Raw potato- ½ cup (grated or paste)
Yogurt- ¼ cup
Tomato juice - ½ cup
Rose water- 1 tbspn
lemon- 1 tbspn (use if you have oily skin)
honey- 1 tbspn (use if you have dry skin )
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Mix potato paste, curd, tomato juice, lemon and honey with banana to a fine mixture
- Apply this paste to your total face
- Let it dry for 20 to 30 mins
- Wash with hot water
- Potatoes are not just good sources of starch but can also prevent a host of skin pigmentation problems like melasma, dark circles, hyper and hypo pigmentation.
- Lemon is natural bleach and honey is used for dark circles which too is a form of skin pigmentation. Lemon contains bleaching properties that help fade away the dark marks caused by skin pigmentation
- Banana exfoliates the skin and lightens pigmented areas. It also helps to smoothen the skin texture.
- Potassium present in banana helps to reduce pigmentation
- Honey has moisturizing that nourishes your skin
- Blackened scars fade of.
- Rose water with its incredible properties can help the skin to Its benefits also allow us to prevent aging of the skin and heal wounds.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid. This organic matter can exfoliate the face, refresh smoothly while removing dead skin.
- You can find result in just 1 week
- You can see that pigmentation becomes lighter
- Apply in the morning and night for best result